How To Calculate Your Daily Points Value

Disclaimer -  I follow the Weight Watchers points program but I am not an official member of the Weight Watchers system.  I have never joined the weight watchers program.  I do not pay dues and I do not attend meetings. 

So information that I share on this blog is from research I have done on the internet mostly, with information I have gained from other friends who have been members of the weight watchers program.  There may be times when what I am doing is not exactly how it should be in the program, but it has worked for me, which is what counts (I have lost 35 pounds in the past 4 months and I am still going).

I found this calculation online.  I cannot verify that it is the official formula for the weight watchers system.  But it has worked for me and that is all that counts – right?!?!  Here is the calculation:

To find your daily points allowance, give yourself the number of points listed next to the option that fits your situation best:


Your sex:
If you are female- score 2 points
If you are male- score 8
If you are nursing- score 12


Your age:
17 to 26- score 4
27 to 37- score 3
38 to 47- score 2
48 to 58- score 1
Over 58- score 0

Your current weight:
Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in pounds. If you are 175 lbs for example, you would enter "17".
Your height:
under 5'1"- score 0
5'1" to 5'10"- score 1
Over 5'10"- score 2

Your activity level on most days of the week, how do you spend your day?:
sitting down- score 0
occasionally sitting, but mostly standing- score 2
walking most of the time- score 4
doing physically hard work most of the time- score 6

Add up all your scored points- that is your daily points target.
As you celebrate your birthday, increase your daily activity, or as you lose weight, you will need to keep retaking this quiz to most accurately figure your points allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment