Menu Planning

For Christmas I got an awesome book entitled “Managers Of Their Homes” to help me in scheduling my life as a homeschooling mom!  In my reading of the book this morning I found something that I thought would be beneficial to pass along to this group!

The chapter I was reading was on Planning Time In The Kitchen (which is a passion of mine).  It talked about making master grocery lists (which I already do…if you would like for me to share my master wal-mart list with you let me know – I would be glad to do so).  And it talked of menu planning to plan your grocery trips – which is very beneficial…it not only helps you to plan what you will be fixing for meals but it also cuts down on the grocery bill when you stick to a list!

The thing that I thought was really beneficial to pass along was that it mentioned as a time saver in your menu planning is to plan on the same lunch every day of the week.  For example every Monday is sandwich day, every Tuesday is soup day, etc…  You could do the same thing for breakfasts as well.  That way when it comes time for planning your next week of meals that is a gimme!

If you want you could even take it a bit further to your dinners.  Now you might want to fix different meals every night…having the same 6 to 7 meals every week might get old…but you could say “Monday night is pork night” or Wednesday night is “ground turkey night”.

I think I am definitely going to try to do the breakfast and lunch list for the week.  In fact when I get mine figured out I will share with you.

On another note, I am hoping to really get this blog moving along next week once we get past all the holidays.  I will point out right now though that on the right column of the blog I will have a category list.  This post will be in the category of menu planning so that you will be able to access it if you need to refer to it later.

I am wanting to try to do theme posts each day (for example –Monday would be weigh-in).  Once I get that figured out I will probably make a column on the left hand side that will list what theme will be posted each day if you need to refer to that.

I am still very open to any ideas that you may have to make this better for you – this site is for you!  So I need to know what you want to see on this site to help you!

I hope everyone has a very fun and safe New Year’s!!  Let’s have 2010 be a FANTASTIC year as we are “losing weight together!”

Kellie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellie! I am trying to lose weight for a variety of reasons this year and thought I'd join this blog. I bought a scale and am trying to come up with an exercise plan. Right now I'm kind of 'schizophrenic' in my eating habits. Some meals I eat very healthily while some are very high calorie/fat. Anyhow, hopefully we can support each other in our goals!

    ReplyDelete