Resourceful Tuesday

I came across a really good magazine in the check out line at Wal-Mart today.  It is called Light & Delish!  It is FULL of yummy recipes – 138 to be exact – that are 400 calories or less!!!  That even includes some dessert recipes!!! YUM!!! 

But what I thought I would share on here were the 7 tips it gave for losing weight without even trying!  (I KNOW you are on the edge of your seat now!!)  I thought I would share one tip each week for the next 7 weeks.  I think they are all awesome and as I was reading the article was thinking that I so needed to make sure that follow each step in my lifestyle…and that I needed to concentrate on one new one at a time so that I can work them all into my lifestyle with ease…learn one and then add another one.  And then it hit me!  Yall probably would love these tips as well…and if we introduced one a week we could all work on working these into our healthy lifestyle!

So here it goes with Step 1:

Step 1: Build a Better Breakfast

How it helps you lose

A well-balanced meal at the start of the day is a key part of any stay-slim plan.  Research shows that breakfast eaters typically consume about 100 few calories per day and weigh less than those who forgo food in the morning.  This strategy works long-term, too.  Nearly 80 percent of participants in the National Weight Control Registry, which charts dieters who have kept off 30 pounds f

I know that I need to still work on a better breakfast routine.  I am getting a lot better than I used to be.  Reading this today has motivated me to do even better.

How about you?  Are you one that forgos breakfast?  If so, has this motivated you to do better about eating breakfast?  Or are you already good about eating a good breakfast every day?  If so, do you have any tips to share with us people that have stuggled in this area?

Let me hear your comments!  I love your feedback.  And as always be sure to let me know whether to keep it between us or share it with the group :-)

Good luck this week on eating your breakfast!

Oh!  Here is a recipe they gave with this point.  It is a recipe for Granola-Yogurt Parfait (originally from Good Housekeeping).  This recipe is, per serving, 255 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber (4.35 ww points)

Serves: 1 Yields: 1 parfait Total Time: 5 min Prep Time: 5 min

Ingredients

1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen (partially thawed) raspberries or other favorite berry

3/4 cup(s) vanilla low-fat yogurt

2 tablespoon(s) low-fat granola

Directions

  1. Into parfait glass or wineglass, spoon some raspberries, vanilla yogurt, and granola. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment