Make Your Own 100 Calorie Packs

I don’t know about you but those little 100 calorie packs are LIFESAVERS on a lot of days for me.  They help to satisfy my munchie craving without ruining my diet!

But lately I have been thinking about all the money that I have been spending on those 100 calorie packs and the fact that some of them really don’t even taste like the real thing (for instance the Oreo crisps!) and I have been wondering why in the world can’t I make my own 100 calorie packs.

Well that is exactly what I have done this week.  I went to the store and bought those little snack size ziploc bags and bought me some yummy treats to make into 100 calorie packs.  I came home and spent a little bit of time figuring out how many of each treat would equal 100 calories and made my little 100 calorie packs.  I put them all in a plastic tub and put in the pantry so that I can grab them as needed.  I was able to make about 92 100-calorie packs and I only spent $15 to do so!  If I would have purchased that many pre-made 100 calorie packs it would have been almost $40!!  That is what I call a real savings! 

Here are the packs that I made!  (note that all 100 cal packs were all under 2.5 points approximately)

Mini Nutter Butters (they come in a snack bag for $1.98 at my Wal-Mart).  7 of those minis would equal about 100 calories and I was able to make 10 100-cal sets from that bag. 

Mini Oreos (they come in a snack bag for $1.98 at my Wal-Mart).  7 of these minis would equal about 100 calories and I was able to make 10 sets from that bag.

Mini Chip Ahoys (they come in a snack back for $1.98 at my Wal-Mart). 3 of those (they are bigger) equal about 100 calories and I was able  to make 12 sets from the bag.

Reduced Fat Cheez-It crackers (I got a box that cost $2.50 at my Wal-Mart).  You get 14 of those for each 100 calorie set and I was able to make 14 sets from that box.

Mini Pretzels (I got a bag of these for $2.15 at my Wal-Mart).  18 of those make a 100 calorie set and I was ablez to make 17 sets from the bag I bought.

Hershey’s Kisses with Almonds (I got a bag for $3.97 at my Wal-Mart).  4 of those equal about 100 calories and you can get 29 100-cal sets from that bag (I got the ones with almonds at my hubby’s request…the amount will probably vary with the different types of kisses you get.  I realize this is a very small treat but sometimes those 4 little kisses can curb your chocolate craving!  I would rather have 4 than none at all :-) )

Have you made any 100 calorie treats?? If so please share!  I hope to continue to explore this with different snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment