Exercising Tips

I know this is a dreaded subject for some, but if you really want to be successful in your weight loss exercising is a big plus!  Our body needs exercise.

I know that for a lot of us finding the time or means to exercising is difficult to do!  That is why I am hoping this post helps.  But I am by no means a fitness expert…and will probably be able to cover all I know about exercising in one post!  This is where I need your help.  If you have found a way to put in a few minutes a day of exercise will you please share what you are doing.  You can either comment on this post or email me.  I can then feature your suggestions in on of these exercising tips posts and together we can hopefully learn some new, fun ways to exercise.  What do you say?!?  Can you help me out?!?!

I thought for this first post I would share what I am doing as far as exercise.  Right before Christmas my hubby was so nice to me and bought me a Nintendo Wii!!!  He bought the Wii Fit game and EA Sports Active More Workouts game for me!!

We figured with my schedule as a stay at home mom with 3 little ones, and the fact that we live out in the country away from everything, that something like the Wii would be a good solution to help me work out.

image  I really like the EA Sports Active game.  It has a 6 week challenge on it where you tell the game what days you want to work out (it has you working out 4 days a week) and what impact level you would like and it sets up your workout routines for you.  What I like about it is that you don’t choose what games you want to play…it lines them all out for you.  It starts you with a warm up and ends you with a cool down.  The exercises are not hard to do and some of them are actually quite fun to do!  I started the challenge before Christmas but with the holidays and being out of town and sick this week I have decided that come Monday I am just going to start the challenge over.

image   Wii Fit is the other game that I got.  It is really cool too…it actually weighs you and determines your BMI (body mass index) and has you set a goal of how much weight you want to lose in what time period you choose to do it.  But it doesn’t set up any routines for you.  It  does have a huge variety of strength training, aerobic, balance and yoga exercises to choose from.  I have decided on the days that I am not doing the EA active routine I am going to try to do some of the yoga and strength training exercises on here, especially the ones that target the ab area since that is the area I really want to work on toning! 

A fun side note – since I am homeschooling the boys will be doing some of the Wii Fit exercises for their PE time of school!  How fun will that be!!!  And since I will be doing them along side of them that will just give me that much more exercise so we will all benefit!!

The downside of the Wii is the cost up front for it!  I know not everyone has the money to do that.  But it is certainly not the only option for exercising out there!

So please share your ideas for exercising so that we can all benefit of different ways to get our body in shape and burn some calories!!

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment