Weekly Weigh-In and Goals

I am so excited about this blog starting and I am so excited to see such a good response to people who want to be involved!!

I am still trying to figure out what are going to be the “theme” posts each day (still open to ideas if you have any) but i know for sure that we will have a weekly weigh in post every Monday.  Please don’t jump ship if you are not comfortable with this.  It is strictly voluntary.  I will explain.

Face it.  If you want to lose weight then you really need to know how much you weigh and a goal of how much you want to lose.  You may be one who wants to keep this very private or you may be one who wants to share it with at least one person to act as an accountability partner.

I have found that it is best to only weigh yourself once a week…preferably the same time of day each week.  As women our weight is constantly fluctuating to some degree due to our monthly cycles, stress, water intake, etc…  You may find yourself getting frustrated if you try to weigh more than once a week because of  these fluctuations.

Since I am doing this post on Mondays then that may be the best day for you to weigh.  Monday mornings are my days to weigh.

As far as this post is concerned, you can simply use it as your reminder to weigh in, or you could take it a step further and share your weigh in with the group (info only, no names).  A lot of times people, especially women, can get good motivation if they hear of the success of other women.

And you only have to share with what you are comfortable sharing.  You may want to share your current weight and your target weight that you are striving to achieve.  Or you may only want to share how much weight you lost the past week.  It is strictly up to you how much you would like to share.

Also it’s a good idea to also do your body measurements at the same time this week as well.  Sometimes it seems that the weight loss may not be happening like you think…but there are changes going on in the inches…they are getting smaller! 

So the next thing to tackle is how do you share…here is what I think the best way to handle this will be…

First – if you are a subscriber to this blog and you are reading the posts through email then you just have to reply to the email with your information.  (if you are not a subscriber and would like to be just simply enter your email address in the top of the right hand column and click submit and follow the simple instructions to confirm your subscription – totally free if you are unfamiliar with blog subscriptions).   Yes I will know it is from you but I promise I will be the only one.  I will not share your name when sharing your response.

Another way you could respond with your information is to leave a comment on this blog post (if you are reading this post in Blogger).  Please know that you can leave an anonymous comment.  No one, including myself, will know your name on the comment.

On Tuesday mornings I will do a post that will list all of our weigh-ins from Monday. There will be no names mentioned on that post, just the statistics.  I have thought about this and was at first going to give the option of letting you leave your name if you wanted but I really thought that might hinder some people and I want everyone to be comfortable.  But, like I mentioned before, I really think we can be motivated if we can see the success of others so I would like to be able to encourage people to share their goals and successes!

I will tell you about my personal weight loss experience over the past 4 1/2 months.  As of the first of August 2009 I weighed in at 194 lbs.  This is the heaviest non-pregnancy weight I have ever been!  I knew something needed to be done so I got serious!  I am now at 160 lbs and 4 dress sizes smaller (went from a size 16 to a size 8)!!  I still have about 20 lbs I need to lose and am working now to really tone my body and get rid of my c-section belly!

So I am asking you now – what is your current weight and/or measurements  (if you want to share) and what is your goal you are wanting to achieve?  If you have already started your “diet” also feel free to share how many pounds you have lost so far.

Kellie

note: if you need to know how to get started with a diet then click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment