Resourceful Tuesday (on Thursday)

I realized that I forgot to do a Resourceful Tuesday post this week.  I am so sorry!  

For this week’s resourceful Tuesday post I am going to go back to the recipe calculator that I shared a couple of weeks ago.  You can click here to get the calculator.  There is also a link on the left hand column of the blog.

I just posted a recipe today on my recipe blog for Pasta Shells Casserole.  I got this recipe from the Rachel Ray Show!  (I love this show by the way!!)

I thought that I could make a couple of changes to the recipe to make it even healthier and lower the points some more as well.  I changed the pasta to whole wheat pasta, used part skim ricotta cheese, reduced fat parmesan, and egg beaters instead of egg yolks.

For all of the ingredients that were not free (your spices are free) I used the recipe calculator to calculate my points for the recipe (which by the way came out to about 10 points a serving – not bad for a pasta dish!)

I have a print out of the recipe with my ingredient changes and my calculated points value and have put the recipe in my recipe binder (I keep a big binder for print out recipes that I have tried and will definitely want to make again).

It was super yummy!  You have to try it!

Have you used the recipe calculator yet?  Did it work ok for you or did you find it difficult to figure out?  Do you have any questions about it?

Even if you are not following the WW points system the recipe calculator could still work for you if you are counting calories, fat and/or fiber since all 3 of those are included in the calculation. 

Is there anything that the calculator is missing for you that you would like to see added to it…or is there any way that you think the calculator needs to be changed to work better for you?  Let me know and I will see what I can do :-)

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment