Question And Answer Session

I thought another good weekly post would be a Question and Answer Session.  I am getting asked a lot of questions.  A lot of times it is the same question by multiple people.  I figured there are probably others out there who have the same questions but just have not asked for one reason or another.

So please feel free to ask any questions at any time.  I will do my best to answer your question when you ask so that you don’t have to wait for the weekly post for your answer…but I will probably include your question in the weekly post (I promise no names will be attached…but if you still don’t want it included just let me know) in case there are others with the same question.

I thought I would start the first post with a few questions that have already been asked multiple times.  I hope this doesn’t bore you if you have already asked the question and I have answered it for you.  Maybe if nothing else it will put it in your mind that the answer to that question is now on a post that you can access at any time by clicking the Question and Answer Session link in the left hand column.

Now to the questions.

1.  How do I handle eating out at restaurants?  Some people think that a “diet” means a no-no to eating out.  This is simply not the case.  You just have to be wise in the choices you make.  Here is what I did when I first started.  I first got a little notebook that could fit in my purse and a pen.  I then when to this website and for each restaurant that would be a restaurant that was in my area that I would eat at I would click on.  (Here is another website of restaurant listings as well) I would then look through the list of menu items and points and would find a few items that I would eat and would write them down in my notebook with the points value.  When I finished all the restaurants I stuck the notebook in my purse.  That way whenever I was out at a restaurant I just had to refer to my notebook for the best menu item to make.  I would also know my points for that meal to add to my daily journal.

2. Are there any foods off limit? No!  That’s what’s good about a lifestyle change over a diet.  A diet will limit you to what you can eat…a diet is full of rules – don’t eat this, eat lot's of this that don’t have any taste, etc…  With a lifestyle change you are just changing the way you eat.   You do want to strive to eat more healthy foods of course…but if you want a piece of chocolate pie by all means get you a piece – but keep your portions under control and don’t have it as part of every night’s meal :-)  Use it as a reward!

Please send me your questions!  I will see if I can answer them :-)

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment