Resourceful Tuesday

I thought I would share today a website that I have found myself using a lot lately.  The website is www.thedailyplate.com.  I came across it when I was doing a google search to find the nutritional information for certain foods so that I could get my point value.

So far I have NOT found a food that they do not have the nutritional information for!!!  I am to the point now that instead of going to Google to search for the nutritional information I just come here.  They have nutritional information for anything from 1 med sized apple to 1 serving of Kraft shredded non fat cheddar cheese.  If you have a food item that you need the nutritional information for they probably have it.

They also offer a free account that you can set up and track your calorie intake.  If you are one that would rather be a calorie counter than a ww points tracker (or because of physical needs or demands calorie counting would work better for you) then this is a good site to use.  You can set a weight loss goal.  You enter the foods you have eaten and what time of day you have eaten them.  It will show you how many calories you have consumed (it also gives you the fat and fiber you have consumed as well).  You can also enter exercise information and find out how many calories you have burned.  And it is all free! 

So if the ww system is not working for you for one reason or another…you might want to try this out and see how it works for you! 

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment